1. Thomas DIAL was born on Jul 14 1746.
He was married. Thomas DIAL had the following children:
- Joseph Sr DIAL.
- Thomas Jr DIAL was born about 1784 in Tennessee,USA.
- James DIAL.
- David Sr DIAL.
- John DIAL.
- Jane DIAL.
- Sallie DIAL.
- Polly DIAL.
2. Joseph DIAL Sr was born about 1778 in Culleoka, Maury Co.,TN. He died about 1818 in Maury,Tennessee,USA. Looking for ancestors and siblings of Joseph DIAL b. abt 1778 d. 1818 in Culleoka, Maury Co, TN and his wife Elizabeth COLE b. 1785 in Bedford Co, PA d. abt 1852 in Lawrence Co, TN. They were married 3 May 1806 in Williamson Co, TN.
Joseph, said to be of English and Scottish descent.
Joseph Dial enlisted 28 Sep 1814 in Capt. William Martin’s company, Williamson County troops, discharged 27 Apr 1815. (Source: “War of 1812 Soldiers of MauryCo, TN” by Garrett)
He was married to Elizabeth COLE (daughter of COLE) on May 3 1806 in Williamson County, Tenn. Elizabeth COLE was born in 1785 in Bedford Co, PA. She died about 1852 in Lawrence Co, TN. Joseph Dial b. @1770 d. @1818married Elizabeth Cole b. 1785 d. @1852 Lawrence Co. TN
They had Robert Finley Dial b. 1813 Williamson Co. TN d. 1889 Maury Co. TN
Joseph Sr DIAL and Elizabeth COLE had the following children:
- Robert Finley DIAL.
9. Polly DIAL.
She was married to Samuel COLE (son of COLE).
10. Robert Finley DIAL was born on Apr 13 1813 in Maury,Tennessee,USA. He died in 1895. Looking for ancestors and siblings of Joseph DIAL b. abt 1778 d. 1818 in Culleoka, Maury Co, TN and his wife Elizabeth COLE b. 1785 in Bedford Co, PA d. abt 1852 in Lawrence Co, TN. They were married 3 May 1806 in Williamson Co, TN.
He was married 4 times. His wives were Elizabeth Butler, Mary Frances Rust, Nancy Susannah Barnett and Mariah Watson (my great grandmother). He had 22 children and all but one was born in Maury County, TN. Robert and family move back to Maury County. E. Butler had 5 Children, M. Rust had 4 Children, N. Barnett has 10 children and M. Watson had 3 children.
He was married to Mary Frances RUST (daughter of Charnock Cox RUST and Avarilla Green STONE) on Feb 11 1845 in Maury Co, TN. Mary Frances RUST was born on May 31 1824 in Maury Co, TN. She died on Sep 19 1851 in Culleoka, TN. Robert Finley DIAL and Mary Frances RUST had the following children:
- John William Russ DIAL.
- Ashly Ophelia Catherine DIAL.
- Ava Rowena Mary Elizabeth DIAL was born on Nov 21 1845. She died on Oct 13 1928
1-John Tripp b. 1747 Chatam Co., NC, d. after 10 Jan 1806 Chatam Co., NC. Married
Cynthia or Mary (don’t know her surname) but she d. between 1748 and 1850. They
possibly had as many as 13 children but certainly had: Jonathan, Reuben, John,
Elizabeth, Winnifred, Mary and 2-William Tripp.
2-William Tripp b.c. 1791 NC, d. about 1861. Married about 1820 Nancy Bryan. She
d. between 1840 and 1850. They had Harlow A., a daughter, R.B., Landon F.,
3-William Francis Tripp, Richard C., and Joseph F.
3-William Francis Tripp b. 25 Feb 1834 Etheridge, TN, d. 11 Aug 1901 Etheridge,
Lawrence Co. TN. Married Avy Rowena Mary Elizabeth Dial. She b. 21 Nov 1845, d. 13
Oct 1928, the daughter of Robert Finley Dial and Mary Frances Rust. They had:
Idellar Jane, John William, 4-Robert Marshall Tripp, Thomas Harvey, Charles Elec
Fletcher, Dorsey B., Mary Emma, Mattie B. Elizabeth, and Bettie Lula.
4-Robert Marshall Tripp b. 24 Dec 1869 near Etheridge, Lawrence Co., TN, d. 4 May
1943 Cascade, MO. Married 22 Feb 1894 Martha Elizabeth Henson, she b. 1 Oct 1867
also near Etheridge, she d. 31 Dec 1958 Cascade, MO. Her sister, Lue Etta Henson
married Robert’s brother John William Tripp. They had: Charlie L., Vannie Buren,
Etta, Bettie or Beth, Melvin, Mary, and Ethel.
Note – 3-William Francis Tripp’s son John William Tripp had a son also named William
Francis Tripp after his grandfather. He was called “Willie” and was born 13 June
Note – I am descended from 1-John Tripp’s son Reuben.
How, did you say you were related to 4-Robert Marshall Tripp? I know that Charlie
married Audie Sharpton and had five kids; Van married Dora Kathleen Smith and had
four kids; Etta married Freeman White and had three kids; Bettie/Beth married a
couple of times but don’t know of any kids; Melvin married Cora Marie Chubb and had
two kids; Mary married Frank Carlton and had two kids; Ethel married Milferd
Alexander and had three kids.
He was married to Elizabeth BUTLER in Dec 1832. Elizabeth BUTLER was born on Dec 15 1810 in Laurence County Tenn. She died on Oct 28 1844. Robert Finley DIAL and Elizabeth BUTLER had the following children:
- Eliza Anne DIAL.
He was married to Nancy Susannah BARNET.
He was married to Mariah WATSON.
11. John William Russ DIAL was born on Jan 9 1850 in Culleoka, Maury, Tn. (photo of headstone) He died on Feb 1 1919. He was buried in FRIENDSHIP BAPTIST CHURCH/CULLEOKA CEMETERY, CULLEOKA, MAURY COUNTY TENNESSEE.
Priscilla SMITH (daughter of William F SMITH and Elizabeth MARIA ALMYRA BROWN) was born on May 17 1852 in Culleoka, Maury, Tn. She died on Oct 8 1891. Possible children 1880 census
John William Russ DIAL and Priscilla SMITH had the following children:
- Minerva Elizabeth Izora (Maggie) DIAL (LIZZIE).
14. Eliza Anne DIAL was born on Jul 13 1835. She died on Jun 27 1922 in Maury Co, TN.
She was married to James Pullard DILLEHAY. Eliza Anne DIAL and James Pullard DILLEHAY had the following children:
- William Rufus DILLEHAY.
- John DILLEHAY was born in 1860.
- Susan DILLEHAY was born about 1866. She died on Aug 9 1949.
- Minerver DILLEHAY.
15. Minerva Elizabeth Izora (Maggie) DIAL (LIZZIE) was born on Jul 10 1874 in Culleoka, Maury, Tn. She died on Nov 20 1965 in Birmingham, Jefferson, Al. She was buried on Nov 21 1965 in Talladega Cemetary, Talladega, Talladega, Al. (photo)
Name: Elizabeth Dial
Home in 1880: District 7, Meigs, Tennessee
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
Relation to Head of Household: Daughter
Father’s Name: John H.
Father’s birthplace: Tennessee
Mother’s Name: Delilah
Mother’s birthplace: Tennessee
Neighbors: View others on page
Marital Status: Single
John H. Dial 40
Delilah Dial 35
Jemimah J. Dial 14
William C. Dial 12
Nancy Dial 10
Margaret Dial 8
Robert L. Dial 6
Elizabeth Dial 2
Winfield Dial 5M
She was married to Orville Calvin PILKINTON (son of William Harve PILKINTON and Adeline Elizabeth HULL) on Jun 10 1894 in Giles County, Tennessee. Orville Calvin PILKINTON was born on Nov 16 1872 in Maury,Tennessee,USA. He died on Jul 11 1950 in Mountain Brook, Talladega, Al. He was buried on Jul 13 1950 in Talladega, Talladega, Al. Occupation: Layman At Steel Factory In 1930 (photo)
- Buelah Mae PILKINTON.
- Annis Gertrude PILKINTON.
- Eunice Izora PILKINTON was born on Jan 6 1900 in Giles County, Tennessee. She died on Feb 2 1917 in Talladega, Alabama. unmarried Occupation: Knitting Mill
- Addie Lee PILKINTON.
- Oscar Clayton PILKINTON.
- John William Thornton PILKINTON.
- Orville Granville PILKINTON.
- Vernell PILKINTON.
- Vester Hagaman Albert PILKINTON.
16. William Rufus DILLEHAY was born in 1858. He died in 1945.
He was married to Ella CREWS.
19. Minerver DILLEHAY was born in 1868.
She was married to Allen W. CREWS.
20. Buelah Mae PILKINTON was born on Apr 19 1894 in Giles County, Tennessee. She died on Apr 17 1928 in Montgomery, Montgomery, Al. She was buried on Apr 17
1928 in Oakwood Cementary, Montgomery. (photo)
She was married to Franklin Joseph KNIGHT (son of ROBERT LEVI KNIGHT (photo) and ELIZABETH ANN MANN (photo)) on Mar 23 1912 in Montgomery, Montgomery, Al. Franklin Joseph KNIGHT was born on Feb 22 1891 in Lapine, Montgomery, Alabama. He died on Oct 28 1943. He was buried on Oct 30 1943 in Mesa City Cementary, Mesa, Maricopa, Az. (photo)
Buelah Mae PILKINTON and Franklin Joseph KNIGHT had the following children:
- Thora Oraphene KNIGHT.
- Oneita KNIGHT.
- Juanita KNIGHT.
- Elvia Elizabeth KNIGHT.
- Frances May KNIGHT.
- Aubry Calvin (AC) KNIGHT.
- Edna Erle KNIGHT was born on Apr 1 1924 in Montgomery, Montgomery, Al. She died on Dec 29 1938.
- Joseph Callis (JC) KNIGHT.
- John Franklin KNIGHT was born on Apr 17 1928 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama. He died on Apr 17 1928 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama. Stillborn. Mother died at his birth.
21. Annis Gertrude PILKINTON was born on Aug 29 1896 in Giles County, Tennessee. She died on Jan 9 1970.
She was married to Oscar GOODIN.
23. Addie Lee PILKINTON was born on Jan 5 1902 in Giles County, Tennessee. She died on May 5 1984.
She was married to Powell Richard MCDOUGAL on Jun 2 1918.
24. Oscar Clayton PILKINTON was born on Oct 29 1904 in Giles County, Tennessee. He died on Oct 10 1978.
He was married to Mable Lee JOHNS on Nov 15 1924.
25. John William Thornton PILKINTON was born on Feb 10 1906 in Humbolt, Gibson, Tn. He died on Sep 26 1958.
He was married to Marie Evelyn BRITNER on Aug 3 1925.
26. Orville Granville PILKINTON was born on Dec 7 1908 in Humbolt, Gibson, Tn.
He was married to Nena COLLIER on Oct 26 1929.
27. Vernell PILKINTON was born on Jan 12 1912 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama.
She was married to Jack SORSBY on May 5 1928.
28. Vester Hagaman Albert PILKINTON was born on Jul 2 1917 in Talladega, Talladega, Al. He died on Nov 7 1939.
He was married to Elizabeth NOBLES in 1938. Elizabeth NOBLES was born in 1938.
29. Thora Oraphene KNIGHT was born on Jun 16 1912 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama. She died in 1989.
She was married to Vere CLUFF on Jan 19 1934. (photo)
Thora Oraphene KNIGHT and Vere CLUFF had the following children:
- Male CLUFF.
- Male CLUFF.
- Male CLUFF.
- Male CLUFF.
30. Oneita KNIGHT was born on Apr 25 1914 in Montgomery, Montgomery, Al. She died on Jan 17 1947. She was buried in Mesa Cemetary, Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona. (photo)
She was married to Vernon Cornelious FURR on May 18 1933. Oneita KNIGHT and Vernon Cornelious FURR had the following children:
- Shirley FURR.
- Richard Melvin FURR.
- Vernita FURR.
- Pam FURR.
31. Juanita KNIGHT was born on Apr 25 1914 in Montgomery, Montgomery, Al. She died on Feb 16 1963. (photo)
She was married to Laurence KANE on May 18 1933. She was divorced from Laurence KANE on Jun 6 1934.
She was married to Jewel William PARKER on Jan 4 1947.
32. Elvia Elizabeth KNIGHT was born on May 5 1916 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama. (photo)
She was married to Gerald JOHNSON on Jul 28 1935. She was divorced from Gerald JOHNSON on Sep 28 1939.
She was married to Rex HOPPER on Oct 2 1939.
33. Frances May KNIGHT was born on Dec 17 1918 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama. She died on Jul 26 2008 in Salt Lake City Utah. (photo)
Soon after the death of her mother and the remarriage of her father, the family moved across the county to Arizona. At 16 she left home to live and work at Helen Millet Dana’s maternity home in Mesa Arizona.
“Helen Millet Dana 1885-1961 This nurse operated a maternity home at her residence and also traveled with a physician by horse and buggy to help deliver babies. She officiated at or assisted in the delivery of more than 12,500 babies in the Mesa area. She also took in unwed mothers and found good adoptive homes for their babies.” Taken from Mesa Cemetery Walking Tour Guide
Frances also worked at Safeway Grocery in Arizona as an adult and in Utah Frances was a Lunch Supervisor for the Granite schools. She also in charge of nurses/companions for Elder Stapley’s wife. She was also known for her quilting and candy making.
She was divorced from LEON HYRUM PHELPS. LEON HYRUM PHELPS (photo) (son of Orson Ashael PHELPS and Rebecca Hannah ALLEN (family photo) was born on Jun 10 1914 in Mesa, Maricopa, Arizona. He died on Oct 6 1990. He was buried in Woodland Cemetery, Deer Park, Spokane County, Washington. Leon graduated from Gila Community College in Payeson Arizona. Frances May KNIGHT and LEON HYRUM PHELPS had the following children:
- Living Female MILLER (PHELPS).
Henry (Rudolph) MILLER (MULLER) Jr was born on Jun 20 1900 in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. He died on Nov 3 1997 in Salt Lake City Utah. He was buried in Wasatch Lawns Cemetery. (photo)
Henry worked for Salt Lake Cabinet and Restaurant Supply Company until he was 70 and then retired. After that he kept the financial books for a grocery store called GS Market in Salt Lake City Utah until he was 82. Henry enjoyed working in the Boy Scouts program, conducting music including at Great Saltaire and in the church. He served in the military in Arizona. Frances May KNIGHT and Henry (Rudolph) MILLER (MULLER) Jr had the following children:
- Living Female MILLER (PHELPS).
- Richard Kent MILLER.
- Living Male MILLER.
34. Aubry Calvin (AC) KNIGHT was born on Apr 2 1921 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama.
He was married to Dorothy Louise ACKERS on Dec 13 1942. He was divorced from Dorothy Louise ACKERS.
He was married to Virginia Lodema SAVAGE on Jul 2 1949.
36. Joseph Callis (JC) KNIGHT was born on Jan 23 1926 in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Alabama.
He was married to BRUNDAGE.
45. Pam FURR. Pamela FURR
Birth Date: 26 Oct 1952
Death Date: 6 May 2007
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Alabama
Death Residence Localities
ZIP Code: 36108
Localities: Dannelly, Montgomery, Alabama
Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama
Mtgy, Montgomery, Alabama
She was married to BOLDING.
46. Living Female MILLER (PHELPS) was born on Sep 2 1941 in Arizona.
She was married to Larry Lee LARSON (photo) (son of Clarence William LARSON (photo) and Signa Vera PEARSON (photo)) on Sep 2 1961 in Ely Nevada. Larry Lee LARSON was born on Sep 21 1939 in Ottumwa Iowa. He died on Sep 27 2004 in Ottumwa Iowa.
The grand kids all called Larry “Papa”
Larry died of a heart attack while on vacation in Ottumwa, Iowa.
He died in his sister Lois’s home in the middle of the night.
It was his second, possible third heart attack.
The day before Larry and Lois had gone to the cemetery where their Mom Signa was buried.
Living Female MILLER (PHELPS) and Larry Lee LARSON had the following children:
- Male LARSON.
- Female LARSON.
- Male LARSON.
- Female LARSON.
- Female LARSON.
47. Richard Kent MILLER was born on Jan 1 1946 in Salt Lake City Utah. He died on Jan 23 2008 in Salt Lake City Utah. (phot0)